[FFmpeg-devel] fate/webp : add test for webp lossless rgb decoding

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 21:59:28 CEST 2016

On 6/25/2016 4:52 PM, Martin Vignali wrote:

>> On 6/25/2016 4:43 PM, Martin Vignali wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> In attach a patch to add a fate test for WebP lossless rgb
>>>
>>> Sample can be found here : https://we.tl/dmPsitbwXK
>>>
>>> and need to be put inside ./fate-suite/webp (the webp folder doesn't
>> exists)
>>>
>>> to test :
>>> make fate-webp SAMPLES=fate-suite/
>>>

>>> I doesn't make fate test, for lossy rgb/rgba, because the actual default
>>> output of ffmpeg
>>> have a lower image quality than the official decoder (google dwebp) on my
>>> samples
>>>
>>> for lossless rgba, i doesn't make fate test, because the alpha value
>> seems
>>> to not be the right value
>>
>> This is a bug and should be addressed, then. Lossless should mean lossless.
>> Can you fix it, or open a ticket on trac with a testcase?
>>

> Sorry, in fact rgba lossless is ok (my mistake)
>
> i will open a ticket on trac for lossy

Not sure how it is with VP8/Webp, but unless the output is defined like with
hevc and VP9, different decoders may give different results, so it may not
be a bug.

You should still make a test for it anyway. It will reflect changes and
improvements to the decoder if they are added in the future and help detect
regressions.
And it can be in a separate patch than the rgb lossless ones.