[FFmpeg-devel] Libavcodec consulting

Jonathan Girven jonathan.girven at trickbook.com
Thu Mar 3 13:11:25 CET 2016

Hi all,

We are interested in getting a consultant in to help with libav usage in
our
iOS video editing app and I was directed to post to this list. Our app
needs
to download a small section of a large video file hosted on a remote http

server. We have found that AVFoundation is not suitable for our purposes.
We
instead want to use libav. The requirements are:

- The file is hosted on a remote http server.

- We want to specify an input file, start time to seek to, duration to
download
  and an output file.

- The original file is in mp4 format.

- The saved file should also be in mp4 format.

- All other video data should be copied.

- The function should provide an interface to get a download progress

  percentage.

- The code cannot read in the entire remote video file to get a segment at
the
  end of the file.

- We will be calling the function from an iOS application, so should be

  compatible.

- The code can make use of libraries such as FFmpegWrapper for iOS.

An equivalent ffmpeg command would be:

$ ffmpeg -i http://www.example.com/input.mp4 -ss start_time -t duration

  output.mp4

This first project could lead to future opportunities in the future. Would

anyone be interested in taking this on? If so, could you provide a rough
quote
and time estimation, so we can discuss futher.

Many thanks,

Jon.