[FFmpeg-devel] Merge commit of libav f8c34f4b8d62afad3f63cf3d9617d73735bef8c1

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Mon Mar 14 11:25:09 CET 2016

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 10:09:29AM +0100, Mats Peterson wrote:
> On 03/14/2016 09:53 AM, Mats Peterson wrote:
> >Mats Peterson <matsp888-at-yahoo.com at ffmpeg.org> skrev: (14 mars 2016 09:52:16 CET)
> >>Hendrik Leppkes <h.leppkes at gmail.com> skrev: (14 mars 2016 09:31:17
> >>CET)

> >>OK. I read somewhere that all avilib commits are merged (unless they
> >>cause problems, of course). This is a no-brainer, though. But I guess
> >>I'll just have to wait.
> >>
> >>Mats
> >>--
> >>Mats Peterson
> >>http://matsp888.no-ip.org/~mats/
> >
> >libav, not avilib. That's somethiing else :-)
> >

> Would it be OK for me to create a patch, as long as I attribute Luca
> Barbato in some way?

if you want to do the extra work, the change is the same and correctly
attributed (see git cherry-pick and git commit --author) then i see no
problem here

Note, its important that the change is the same and not "re created"
so that you help the people doing the next merge by reducing their work
(aka they can then just "skip" the commit when merging and dont need to
spend time analysing why the change is different)
If differences are neccessary they should be fully documented in the
commit message

Old school: Use the lowest level language in which you can solve the problem
            conveniently.
New school: Use the highest level language in which the latest supercomputer
            can solve the problem without the user falling asleep waiting.