[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg code Attribution

Aaron Boxer boxerab at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 20:24:47 CET 2016

Hello Again,

I took a look at the FFmpeg j2k code. Now, I've worked with OpenJPEG for
many years, and I would say at least 20% of the code in FFmpeg was either
directly copied from OpenJPEG, or is very similar to OpenJPEG code.

I think the people who did the work on the FFmpeg codec would readily admit
that they copied a certain amount directly from the other project.

So, I think that the OpenJPEG BSD license should appear on those files with
copied code from OpenJPEG, to comply with the BSD license. I can list some
of the files (there aren't many) if people are interested.

Kind Regards,
Aaron