[FFmpeg-devel] Linking to C++ version of openjpeg

Michael Bradshaw mjbshaw at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 01:35:29 CEST 2016

Hi Aaron,

This mailing list is intended for the development of FFmpeg itself. It
sounds like you're working on your own project or personal
customizations (without the plan of trying to upstream the changes
into the mainline FFmpeg code), in which case the libav-user mailing
list sounds like the more appropriate mailing list to use.

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Aaron Boxer <boxerab at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 2:39 PM, Aaron Boxer <boxerab at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Again,
>>
>> I have a C++ version of openjpeg that I would like to use with FFmpeg -
>> this
>> library is going to be statically linked, just like the C version of
>> openjpeg.
>>
>> Are there any special flags I need to set to link with the C++ version,
>> which uses the STL and C++11 ?
>>

> I tried adding -std=c++0x  to the extra c flags, but when I looked at
> config.log, I was these flags sent to gcc:
>
> -std=c++0x  -std=c99
>
> So, it seems that c99 is over-riding c++0x.

You shouldn't be adding C++ flags to C flags (they're different
languages, after all). You can use the --extra-cxxflags= parameter in
./configure to pass extra C++ flags to the compiler.