[FFmpeg-devel] Hostile Attitudes

Derek Buitenhuis derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com
Sun May 8 19:24:27 CEST 2016

Hi,

I've been doing merges for a while now, and I am happy to continue
doing them too, but, I grow quite tired of certain individuals doing
nothing but, for lack of a better term, defecate on my efforts. It's
really quite demotivating and immediately sours my day.

I am not going to finger point, but everyone on IRC knows who these
(very few) individuals are. Some of them have not even sent a patch
in the last N years.

All I ask is that there is some sort of rule set for this. It's not
productive to sit on IRC and say "merges are useless" and such when
contributing nothing yourself. Please either actually contribute, start
a thread trying to reach a consensus to stop merging (IMO unlikely) or
just keep silent. If you have nothing productive or nice to say, don't
say anything.

P.S. Does something in our CoC cover this?

Thanks,
- Derek