[FFmpeg-devel] [DECISION] Revoke the decision of dropping ffserver

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Tue Nov 29 01:25:00 EET 2016

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 09:52:02PM +0100, Clément Bœsch wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 07:15:28PM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> > Deadline: 2016-12-06 00:00 UTC.
> >
> > I propose, and put to the discussion, that the decision to drop ffserver
> > is revoked, conditioned to the fixing of the technical issues that lead
> > to it.
> >

> > In other words, if the technical problems that require dropping ffserver
> > are resolved at the time it is about to be dropped, then it must not be
> > and the patch is not applied.
>
> Do we agree that the requirements are the following:
>
> - ZERO internal API usage

> - at least partial FATE coverage

with the 2 patches i just posted
make  ffservertest
passes on x86_32, x86_64, qemu-arm and qemu-mips linux
mingw doesnt support ffserver

arm & mips used native ffmpeg as the qemu i used seems to lack execvp()
interception. That would also imlpy that mixing ffserver and
ffmpeg between big and little endian works

it does not work 100% yet though, i saw one failure that was not
reproduceable and the real media output doesnt work, ive a rough
idea why rm doesnt work but had no time to look into it

But at least ffservertest should at this point be usefull to detect
if something changes without intend

The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living from the
dead. -- Aristotle