[FFmpeg-devel] is it possible that avfilter graph updates its setting in realtime?

Chao Liu yijinliu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 01:09:57 EEST 2016

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 11:24 PM, qw <applemax82 at 163.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have one question about some rare usage for avfilter graph:
>

> Sometimes, I want to change the setting in avfilter graph. For example,
> fps filter is used to set output frame rate, and it's expected that fps can
> be changed in accordance to real needs. Sometimes, fps is set to 25, and
> later 15 as network bandwidth is not good. Is it possible that avfilter
> graph updates its setting in realtime, such as fps in fps filter, and
> widthxheight in scale filter?

(You probably want to send such questions to libav-user at ffmpeg.org instead.)
I guess you are looking for avfilter_graph_send_command.
Unfortunately, "fps" filter doesn't provide any command you can use.
"scale" does have it, see here
<https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/blob/master/libavfilter/vf_scale.c#L626>.