[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] marking non developer tickets

Lou Logan lou at lrcd.com
Wed Sep 7 20:48:55 EEST 2016

On Wed, 7 Sep 2016 13:31:37 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> Hi
>
> Most of the tickets on trac are about ffmpeg code. I belive this makes
> it hard for non developers to find things to contribute to, yet at the
> same time there are quite a few non devel tasks that need to be done
> and that arent done ...

Do you have some examples of current tickets that you consider to be
non-developer candidates?

> Can type = task be used for non devel tasks or should a key word
> be added (which keyword?) or something else ?

If you want to use "task" for this then that would be fine with me.

Alternatively, a wiki page could be setup similar to:
<https://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=Small_FFmpeg_Tasks>

Keeping it up-to-date of course could be problematic.