[FFmpeg-devel] adding RGBA and BGRA to nvenc.c

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Sat Sep 10 20:50:37 EEST 2016

Le quintidi 25 fructidor, an CCXXIV, Andy Furniss a écrit :
> Looking into this more with sysprof it seems with this test gstreamer is
> twice as fast because it doesn't copy from shm but ffmpeg does.
>
> Of course I may be misunderstanding, but >90% load according to sysprof
> is __memcpy_sse2_unaligned.

Can you detect what call to memcpy() in the ffmpeg code is responsible for
this?

I had an inkling that it was about the packet -> frame conversion, but it
seems rawdec does the right thing in this particular case. Still, I suggest
you add a quick debug av_log() in libavcodec/rawdec.c to check that
need_copy is false.

Also, did you have a look at my last mail on the topic:
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2016-September/199156.html
about the speed difference between xcb and xlib?

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George