[FFmpeg-devel] Evolution of lavfi's design and API
george at nsup.org
Sat Sep 10 21:20:53 EEST 2016
Le quartidi 24 fructidor, an CCXXIV, Paul B Mahol a écrit :
> So everybody agrees, we should proceed.
I am proceeding, but as you can see in the patch, there is still a fair
amount of work to be done. Still, people can help if they want to speed
things up, especially since a significant part of the work is design
decisions that I can not do alone and will need to be discussed.
What needs to be done (using this mail as a notepad, but including the tasks
where help is required):
- Finish documenting the scheduling and make sure the implementation matches
- Discuss if "private_fields.h" is acceptable or decide another solution.
- Clearly identify and isolate the parts of the scheduling that are needed
only for request_frame()/request_frame() compatibility.
- Decide exactly what parts of the scheduling are the responsibility of
filters (possibly in the compatibility activate function) and what parts
are handled by the framework.
- Think ahead about threading and use wrapper to access fields that will
require locking or synchronization.
- Think about features whose need I realized while trying to get it working:
distinguish productive / processing activation, synchronize several filter
Please feel free to ask details about any of these points: not only would
getting interest help me stay motivated, but discussing implementation
details and explaining the design would help me having a clear idea of the
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the ffmpeg-devel