[FFmpeg-devel] Strategy to optimally playback audio & video

Matthieu Beghin matthieu.beghin at garagecube.com
Tue Sep 13 11:03:27 EEST 2016

Ok. Thanks for your replies. Keeping the audio in separate files is an idea, but I’d like to be able to work directly with a movie, without recompression.
I found a solution to my problem: when the audio thread needs data, I read all packets but I only decompress audio packets, video packets are pushed in a queue and decompressed later from the graphic engine thread.
Thanks and sorry for posting at the wrong place !
Matt