[FFmpeg-devel] ff_thread_get_format and metadata

Steve Lhomme robux4 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 12:01:34 EEST 2017

Hi,

As I am progressing in proper HDR10 support in VLC, I am facing an
issue. The mastering (and lighting pending patch) metadata are set on
the AVFrame but not available to the ff_get_format() receiver.

That means when we configure our vout and decoder we don't know if
it's going to have HDR metadata or not.

Could we move the mastering (and lighting) metadata on the
AVCodecContext ? Or provide the metadata on the ff_get_format() call ?

I CC'ed libav as they have opinions on possible API changes, even
though there is no mastering metadata support in there yet.