[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] FFmpeg 3.3

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Thu Apr 13 15:07:25 EEST 2017

On Sun, Apr 02, 2017 at 09:15:00PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 01, 2017 at 09:17:00PM +0200, Marton Balint wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 31 Mar 2017, James Almer wrote:
> >
> > >Now, regarding merges, we're like 10 commits away from the massive
> > >bitstream reader batch, which is more or less the only thing committed
> > >to libav for a whole week. So how about we re-cut from master (should be
> > >a matter of merging master into release/3.3, which will be
> > >straight-forward as nothing has been cherry-picked) once we have reached
> > >that exact point?.
> > >Give Google and Kierank a couple days to make sure h264 fuzzing didn't
> > >find anything outstanding, and go ahead with tagging the release.
> >
> > I prefer this as well.
>
> ok, it seems noone on IRC or ML objected to this so i updated
> release/3.3 to master with ver bumps
>
> i intend to make 3.3 from this branch within a few days
> testing, release notes, bugfixes very welcome
>
> ive done some quick testing and it seems to be working
>
> thanks everyone

release made

ill make 3.3.1 in a week or 2, backported bugfixes welcome !

also anyone wants to write a news entry ?

thanks

Many things microsoft did are stupid, but not doing something just because
microsoft did it is even more stupid. If everything ms did were stupid they
would be bankrupt already.