[FFmpeg-devel] Debug builds and if (ARCH_...) linking issues

Aaron Levinson alevinsn at aracnet.com
Sun Apr 16 20:22:22 EEST 2017

On 4/16/2017 10:08 AM, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Apr 16, 2017 at 12:59 PM, Aaron Levinson <alevinsn at aracnet.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I like using this approach, but I think such files should only be added to
>> the build if --disable-optimizations is passed into configure.
>>

> Or you could detect in configure if the compiler supports DCE?
>
> Ronald

All the compilers that are supported by ffmpeg (including MSVC)
_already_ support DCE.  They must in order to be able to do any
successful optimized builds.  So, I think this is really only relevant
when optimizations are deliberately disabled, and I think it is
reasonable to expect that DCE will be disabled if optimizations are
disabled.

Aaron