[FFmpeg-devel] [rfc] coc violation tribunal

Compn tempn at mi.rr.com
Tue Apr 25 03:05:33 EEST 2017

as a few developers have wondered...

how is our project to judge, report and punish coc violations?

since we had a vote to approve of the COC, we will probably need
another vote to approve of the COC rules.

do you want group consensus?
how big of a group? whos in the group?
who wants to do a bunch of crapwork telling devs to be nice in the
sandbox and stop throwing sand at each other or they'll get a timeout?

do you want irc/ml admins to handle it? e.g. lou and me set moderation
flags on developers and delete mails that are not development related?

who judges the judges?

what if we scare off devs who get frustrated that the COC was not fully
fairly applied to everyone? e.g. one dev gets moderated while another
skates ? thats where the strife gains momentum.

thoughts?

-compn