[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-cvslog] [ffmpeg-web] branch master updated. 979b3a6 web/contact: note that no discussions occur on cvslog and trac mailing lists

Compn tempn at mi.rr.com
Fri Dec 22 21:39:40 EET 2017

On Thu, 21 Dec 2017 10:32:50 -0900, Lou Logan <lou at lrcd.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 21, 2017, at 4:07 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > Where was this agreed upon?
> >
> > Carl Eugen
>
> I did not assume further discussion was required for this subject, but I am confident that the vast majority of developers will support this, in my opinion minor, decision.

i think the argument that historically -cvslog was a place to discuss
commits was true. presently no one discusses commits on -cvslog.

this change seems to be common sense.

i understand carls' argument but i also understand -cvslog mailing
lists have evolved to make things easier and simpler for developers to
not have to follow two lists for discussion.

also possibly git log has replaced -cvslog for many developers.

carl if you have a suggestion for better wording, please send patch ?

-compn