[FFmpeg-devel] Licensing question.

Lewis Hornsby lewishornsby at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 21:48:52 EET 2017

Hey there, I saw on your facebook page that you were giving out this email address for enquiries regarding FFMPEG licensing.

I am developing a closed source application in NW.JS. It is a Wordpress theme builder. There is a part of my application that lets people browse their available media. I would like to know if for something as simple as playback of an mp4 file in this context, I would need a licence.   The application does not nor ever will convert files.

Many thanks, Lewis Hornsby.