[FFmpeg-devel] PR new filter gltransition

Travis Fischer fisch0920 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 01:13:59 EET 2017

Hello,

This is my first time contributing to ffmpeg, so please go easy on me :)

I have a git diff here
<https://github.com/transitive-bullshit/ffmpeg-gl-transition> which add a
new filter to apply a GLSL transition between two video streams.  The
github repo for this patch includes all of the relevant documentation and
usage examples.

(sorry, I'm not sure how to formally define the patch, as I'm used to just
submitting PRs on github)

I created this filter because of my frustration with how difficult and
limited the *transition* possibilities were with current concat filter
chains. Anything aside from basic video cross-fades isn't really possible.

After releasing the filter as a standalone extension and seeing some other
devs adopt it, I received a lot of feedback that this functionality should
be merged info ffmpeg, so I wanted to get the ball rolling and see what
everyone thinks on this list.

Thanks!
-- Travis Fischer <https://github.com/transitive-bullshit>