[FFmpeg-devel] Implementation of Huffman codes for DCA encoder

Даниил Чередник dan.cherednik at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 00:22:35 EET 2017

With real music and 256k bitrate encoding (the source was 44100, 16bit
stereo) I got:
Without Huffman: Best PSNR is  31.77 for shift 0
With: Best PSNR is  37.45 for shift 0

Current implementation of DCA encoder has minimal set of DTS features (no
ADPCM, no VQ, fixed amount of transmitted subbands, no transient control,
etc). So distortion is quite audible. Current set of patches introduces
Huffman encoding for quantized audio data which is equivalent of increasing
bitrate for 10-20%. Also bitstream allows to use Huffman for scale factor
indexes, and some other data. I am working on it too.

I have attached new split set of patches.