[FFmpeg-devel] Video decoding error asks me to upload video to non-existing site ftp://upload.ffmpeg.org/incoming/

DogFilm videobrain at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 14:56:29 EET 2017

> Or whatever necessary but in the end the message we show should actually
be a valid way for the user to proceed.

for me the experience felt like I would very much like if it ended in a
succesful way. it did not.

The link showing a dead ftp site btw destroyed my breakfast time as I was
trying to understand what is wrong - only as a last resort I understood
that the site simply does not exist and that it was a mis-information (aka
fake-news!) - should be at least removed, if not corrected, to save this
experience to others.

No, I am not complaining - I really like ffmpeg very much and I have big
adoration for you, the beloved devs! (Just to avoid misunderstanding.) But
of course ffmpeg with not exploding on decoding random arte video would be
even greater, that is why I would like to send you that video for analysis!

Thanks!