[FFmpeg-devel] SSL certificate for ffmpeg.org website is not valid anymore

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 01:59:37 EEST 2017

On 7/17/2017 7:49 PM, Moritz Barsnick wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 13:53:02 +0300, Boris Pek wrote:
>> Latest news about this topic:
>> https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!topic/net-dev/FKXe-76GO8Y
>
> Ah, thanks, I neglected to report this, because I thought it was an
> issue with my Opera Developer (48), which uses the Chrome engine. Opera
> (like Chrome) recently reports ffmpeg.org's certificate as revoked, but
> I found no tool which could verify this...

The cert is by StartCom. Afaik everyone blacklisted certs issued by them
after a certain date, and now some, like Google, are also blacklisting
certs issued before that date as well.
Mozilla hasn't done the latter yet, so Firefox doesn't complain about
it, but i guess a new cert is overdue.

PS: Vivaldi (Also Chromium/Blink) doesn't complain about the cert.