[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch] Auto Insert of hwupload_cuda filter

Yogender Gupta ygupta at nvidia.com
Tue Jul 25 12:41:02 EEST 2017

Currently combining CPU and CUDA filters requires insertion of hwupload and download filters. I am trying to simply this by auto insertion of these filters. This patch is for hwupload_cuda, but I want to do this for hwdownload as well.

The attached patch automatically inserts hwupload_cuda filter when it detects a GPU filter  after a CPU component.

Before the patch
ffmpeg.exe -y -i traffic_flow_1280x720_420.y4m -vf "hwupload_cuda, scale_npp=176:144" out.h264

After the patch the command line works without inserting the hwupload_cuda filter (auto inserted by ffmpeg)
ffmpeg.exe -y -i traffic_flow_1280x720_420.y4m -vf "scale_npp=176:144" out.h264

Thanks,
Yogender