[FFmpeg-devel] segments dropped when recording HLS

Chen You Fu cyfv17 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 10:23:28 EEST 2017

Hi there,

This problem is exactly the same as that reported in
https://github.com/soimort/you-get/issues/1270

When I try to download HLS with FFMPEG, FFMPEG automatically skip those
segments with the same #EXTINF value. However, it makes the downloaded
video stutter, suggesting that these segments are actually needed. I am not
sure if these old segments should be replaced by those new coming segments
but I guess so. So if I want to implement such function how should I modify
libavformat/hlsproto.c?

Thanks so much

​cyfex