[FFmpeg-devel] HEVC Video Transcode Transfer VUI, SEI Information

Ben Chang benc at nvidia.com
Fri Mar 3 04:38:00 EET 2017

Hi,

I posted a query regarding HDR transcode on the user forum a few weeks earlier and did not get a very clear answer; re-posting here in devel to see if I can gain more insight (sorry about duplication).

>I was wondering if ffmpeg supports transfer of VUI and SEI info between an original bitstream and re-encoded bitstream (in a transcode scenario).
>I have been digging through the documentation; the closest I can find is using -f metadata and -map_metadata but these don't seem to include the params I need.
>This is specific to HDR bitstream transcode where I want to maintain information such as color_description_present_flag, colour_primaries, transfer_characteristics, etc.

In short, is there any way to transfer meta data between a decode and encode context in transcode scenario? If not, would it be supported in foreseeable future?

Thanks,
Ben