[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Removal of the "x264opts" libx264 wrapper AVOption

Jan Ekström jeebjp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 00:20:19 EET 2017

Hi,

I am not sure what the correct order of things to remove an AVOption is,
but I would like to propose that the "x264opts" AVOption be removed, as it
duplicates "x264-params", which has a matching pair over at the libx265
wrapper.

Also, this way we would get rid of one in a group of similar features we
have a duplicate of in our code base.

Jan Ekström (2):
  libx264: remove the "x264opts" AVOption
  doc/encoders: remove mentions of the x264opts AVOption

 doc/encoders.texi    | 25 ++++++-------------------
 libavcodec/libx264.c | 29 -----------------------------

2.9.3