[FFmpeg-devel] libavcodec/psd : add support for rgb/gray float

Martin Vignali martin.vignali at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 00:16:07 EET 2017

Hello

@Carl :
I make some tests in order to avoid temp buffer, but i have some strange
result, when i not use a temp buffer.

> Time to think about a float pixfmt? I find it weird that we support
> excessively obscure pixfmts like AV_PIX_FMT_BGR4_BYTE, but then have
> hacks like this one if the codec uses float data.
>
> (I'm just commenting, not arguing for/against your actual patch.)

I agree with your comment.
Float pixfmt is a more clean way.
it can also be useful for image processing with filters, and encoding float
data.

Any tips to add support for float pixfmts ?
I try to take a look to the source code, but it's not very easy to
understand.

Martin