[FFmpeg-devel] libavcodec/psd : add support for rgb/gray float

Dzung Hoang dthoang at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 8 03:15:22 EET 2017

I implemented a 32-bit float GBRAP/GBRP pixel format and used it in vf_zscale.c and vf_overlay.c. I also implemented an EXR encoder using miniexr that uses the new float pixel format. I can contribute this if there is interest.
I used the above mods to do HDR video processing that includes overlaying HDR and SDR video. IMHO, for ffmpeg to handle HDR video well, float and half-float are needed and also metadata to signal the color space and transfer function for each picture. It's a big job that can touch a lot of code, which is why I kept my changes private and limited to only what I need.