[FFmpeg-devel] configure: clang -Oz for small size build to reduce size further

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 11:55:47 EET 2017

> On 3/13/17, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> How to benchmark codecs?
>>
>> You could benchmark running fate but I wonder why.
>
> So speed is not really important at all here.

On the contrary!

But assuming a user who specifies --enable-small wants
smaller binaries seems natural to me and the decrease
in size looks impressive.

> But if it is libav merge than it suddenly is.
>
> What a double standards!

I have no idea about the relation here, I believe it is known
that I am strongly opposed to continue doing unreviewed
merges - especially if nobody is interested in fixing the
unavoidable regressions - but this is most likely unrelated.

Carl Eugen