[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 3.3

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 15:24:10 EET 2017

On 3/14/2017 9:31 AM, Rostislav Pehlivanov wrote:
> On 14 March 2017 at 11:29, Michael Niedermayer <michael at niedermayer.cc>
> wrote:
>

>> What about the spherical API size_t / uint32_t issue ?
>> we can change it before the release but not after it
>>

> IMO its better to have the same type on all platforms. It also doesn't make
> sense to use size_t for something describing a position.

wm4 argued it would generate problems for being different than libav's.
We don't care about ABI compatibility anymore so struct field size or
position isn't a problem.

What kind of trouble would having the function signatures use uint32_t
here and size_t on libav generate? It's technically breaking API
compatibility i guess.