[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] FFmpeg 3.3

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Fri Mar 31 16:07:15 EEST 2017

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 01:31:51PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 12:29:52PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > are there any issues/tickets that block making 3.3 ?
> >
> > What about the spherical API size_t / uint32_t issue ?
> > we can change it before the release but not after it
>
> Ive finally branched release/3.3 off
> feel free to backport anything
> we also need release notes and all that stuff
>
> once we all agree ill make 3.3 from it

wm4 and ubitux stated on irc that now is a bad time to release due to
the many recent merges

so what shall we do ?
should we release now (as in a few days) anyway ?

should we wait till the merge rate slows down ? (no idea when that will
be or in what condition the tree will then be)

should we make a 3.3 release from 0bab78f7e729a76ea7a8cbec7f1de033c52494e8
that is 3 weeks ago with backports ?

I think these where the 3 suggestions from IRC more or less

Theres also a major bump ahead and IMO we should release before that
making all the new stuff available with the current ABI

You can kill me, but you cannot change the truth.