[FFmpeg-devel] On in-tree external headers

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Wed Nov 1 10:09:52 EET 2017

Le primidi 11 brumaire, an CCXXVI, Carl Eugen Hoyos a écrit :
> License-wise, it of course makes not difference if linking
> is done at compile-time, at startup or at run-time.

Yes it does. License-wise, what makes a difference is whether you
distribute code for which you do not own the copyright or derived code.
If what you distribute was produced without such code available, it
cannot possibly be affected by copyright.

Actually, this is the reason --enable-shared completely defeats
--enable-gpl, but I would rather not discuss this in public.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George