[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-cvslog] Merge commit '7cb1d9e2dbbe5bf4652be5d78cdd68e956fa3d63'

Helmut K. C. Tessarek tessarek at evermeet.cx
Fri Oct 13 01:48:03 EEST 2017

On 2017-10-12 17:35, James Almer wrote:
> bzip2 and zlib show up as dependencies of freetype2 in the
> "Requires.private" section of its .pc file in your system, right? If

almost, my freetype2.pc looks like this:

prefix=/Users/Shared/ffmpeg/sw
exec_prefix=/Users/Shared/ffmpeg/sw
libdir=/Users/Shared/ffmpeg/sw/lib
includedir=/Users/Shared/ffmpeg/sw/include

Name: FreeType 2
Version: 18.6.12
Requires:
Requires.private: zlib
Libs: -L${libdir} -lfreetype
Libs.private: -lbz2
Cflags: -I${includedir}/freetype2

> you're using an static build of freetype2, pkg-config needs to be run
> with --static to actually get the required ldflags for said dependencies.
>
> Now, the issue here is libbluray adding freetype2 ldflags directly
> instead of setting freetype2 as a dependency, much like freetype2 sets
> bzip2 and zlib.

my libbluray.pc look like this:

prefix=/Users/Shared/ffmpeg/sw
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: libbluray
Version: 1.0.0
Libs: -L${libdir} -lbluray
Libs.private:   -L${libdir} -lfreetype -L${libdir} -lfontconfig -lfreetype
Cflags: -I${includedir}

> I suppose that if that change is done to libbluray's .pc file (namely,
> adding a "Requires.private: freetype2 fontconfig" line or similar, if i
> understand this correctly), you'll be able to use the --static
> pkg-config-flag and remove most if not all of these LDFLAGS you list below.

It doesn't seem to work, because I already have those in the
libs.private section.

--
regards Helmut K. C. Tessarek              KeyID 0xF7832007C11F128D
Key fingerprint = 28A3 1666 4FE8 D72C CFD5 8B23 F783 2007 C11F 128D

/*
   await thee at its end.
*/