[FFmpeg-devel] [GSoC] FFserver further development direction

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Wed Apr 25 00:46:09 EEST 2018

Stephan Holljes (2018-04-24):
> The consensus seems to be that there are more disadvantages in using
> the http server of libavformat than there are advantages.

I completely disagree. There is no point in having the HTTP server in
libavformat if it cannot be used to implement exactly that kind of
thing. Implementing ffserver with it is just the test bed that it
requires to become mature.

The HTTP server in libavformat was accepted three years ago, and you
worked hard for it. Do not let people tell you it was for nothing. They
had their chance to discuss this three years ago.

> This arose partly out of the discussion that there is no way to get a
> connected peer's address through the public API (as the filedescriptor
> is hidden in private structs).

Well, then, let us add the functions that are needed in the public API.
It does not seem that difficult to design.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George