[FFmpeg-devel] AMD Vega 56, UVD and OpenCL

Mironov, Mikhail Mikhail.Mironov at amd.com
Mon Dec 10 01:20:42 EET 2018

There is one potential way to do it:
Decode using AMF on Vulkan, then Vulkan has interop to OpenGL and OpenGL has interop to OpenCL.
AMF on Vulkan on Linux was released (decoder and encoder).
To integrate it to FFmpeg we need FFmpeg AMF context committed. It is waiting for Mark to commit for quite a while. AMF has wrapped - up interop between OpenGL to OpenCL and we are working to add Vulkan to OpenGL, though all these interop are public APIs.

Mikhail