[FFmpeg-devel] [ffmpeg-devel] I have a few questions about ffmpeg.

강창우 rkdckddn77 at xcurenet.com
Tue Dec 11 11:37:30 EET 2018

Hello, I am Kang Chang-woo, who is developing server in South Korea.

I am going to ask a few questions about ffmpeg.

I use the c language in the centos 7.4 64bit environment

I am using version 4.1 of ffmpeg.

I receive rtp packets (amrwb, h264 etc ...) and make mp3 or mp4 files.

Decoding and encoding processes are required.

To summarize:
-audio call
rtp packets (amrwb) -> result mp3

-video call
rtp packets (amrwb) -> mp3
rtp packets (h264) -> mp4
mp3 + mp4 -> result mp4

First question.

Can ffmpeg process this way?

I process the above method and successfully create a file.

The reason I ask is because I want to find another way.

I used ffmpeg to do the above and I succeeded.

I create an sdp file and run the ffmpeg tool to send rtp packets to ffmpeg.

process information, rtp packet, sdp file information is as follows (example)

Second question.

What do you think about this method?

-Processing
[cid:image001.png at 01D4917A.4F2772D0]

-rtp packet(amrwb)
[cid:image003.jpg at 01D49180.94219FE0]

-sdpfile

[cid:image005.png at 01D49180.94219FE0]

Last question.

Both audio and video are processed in the same way as above.

If you mix audio and video, the audio and video will not sync.

In other words, the voice of the person speaking in the video call does not match.

What do you think?

Thanks & Regards,

Ffmpeg-devel group