[FFmpeg-devel] h264_v4l2m2m encoder segmentation fault (Samsung Exynos5422)

Roland Singer roland at desertbit.com
Fri Dec 21 14:45:53 EET 2018

After some investigation I came to the conclusion, that av_frame_get_buffer does not allocate the buffers correctly.

1. frame->pix_fmt=AV_PIX_FMT_NV12  frame->width=64  frame->height=64
2. so we need a buffer with 2 planes of same size. First plane holds Y and second plane holds U and V interleaved.
3. the frame linesize is set correctly by av_frame_get_buffer: linesize[0]=64  linesize[1]=64
4. frame->buf must have both planes, however only frame->buf[0] is set and initialized. This causes the segmentation fault, because frame->buf[1] does not exists.

Hope somebody can help clarifying why av_frame_get_buffer fails to initialize the buffers correctly...

Thanks!
Roland