[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC]avcodec: should all traces of FF_API_DEBUG_MV be removed?

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 16:35:25 EET 2018

On 1/15/2018 8:23 AM, Gyan Doshi wrote:
> Starting with 69b5ce6 (21-Oct-17), FF_API_DEBUG_MV has been disabled. It
> was deprecated a few years earlier. I've a patch to update the docs to
> reflect the removed CLI options. Should I remove the dead code as well?

There were some efforts to move the related functionality to a filter a
month or so ago, but not sure what came out of that. The code was left
there for easy access to it (and maybe to easily re-enable it in tree
for whoever was trying to port it for testing purposes).

The docs should be removed, but I'd say leave the dead code for now
until the above is resolved.