[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-user] fMP4 generation speed

Ronak ronak2121 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 02:12:53 EEST 2018

> On Jul 25, 2018, at 11:42 PM, Liu Steven <lq at chinaffmpeg.org> wrote:
>

>> 在 2018年7月26日,上午11:30,Ronak Patel <ronak2121 at yahoo.com> 写道:

>> Ok I’m going to try to fix mpegts, live streams, fmp4 and the other options that you already have.
>>
>> Are there any unit tests or other tests we can run to ensure everything is still working?
>>
>> If not we will have to make sure it works manually.
> You can add fate for the current hls.
>
> BTW, you can try hls_list_size 0 to make sure it can make the feature which you need.

I tried this, but it has no effect. So, here's what I'm thinking to solve this:

1. The HLS Manifest Header should be written in the hls_init method, not in the hls_window one.
2. Hls_window should only append a new segment definition to the end of the manifest file.
3. We can write out HLS_X_ENDLIST if we've reached the end of the file, or if the option says to attach it.

Would there be any reason why this algorithm wouldn't work to solve all possible use cases? We wouldn't have to keep regenerating the entire file just to append a new segment to the end of it.

Ronak