[FFmpeg-devel] Need FFmpeg consulting work - TV recording system project workflow with v4l2

Compn tempn at mi.rr.com
Fri Jun 1 22:48:40 EEST 2018

Forwarding consulting job offer to mailing list with
permission from sender. -Compn :
------------------------

Hi,

we are a transcription company that does transcription of broadcast
news. For that purpose, we need several TV stations constantly recorded
in chunks. We have developed software to do that for us more than 10
years ago. But, we don't have the internal bandwidth to maintain and
upgrade the software as we go on. So, we are still using Linux kernel
2.4 and video4linux interface. We have to use old, no longer produced
PC's and video capture cards.

We need a recording system that uses current technology. As far as our
recording requirements go, they are very low end. We don't need high
quality video to watch. On the contrary, we need as small files as
possible. Our current recordings are 1 frame per second, quite small
screen size and highly compressed with RealMedia codecs. We really only
need the audio. Video is just for speaker identification purposes. So,
quality and fluidity is not a requirement.

Our current system records both video+audio and audio only versions
concurrently. It records in chunks, typically 5 or 10 minute chunks
continuously 24x7. There is a 10-15 second overlap between recordings
so the transcripts can be matched together in assembly.

We also capture CC (closed caption) text. Our current software may
still work with newer kernels. I'm not sure if there was any change to
the VBI interface.

We would like to hire a developer to either update our software or
write a new one to do the recordings on current technology (kernels,
computers, capture cards, sound cards, etc.)

If you are interested, please email me at sozturk at ascllc.net.

Best,

Selcuk Ozturk

VP of Technology

ASC LLC

PS: If you are not interested, but know someone who is and you think is
capable, please pass this along to that person.