[FFmpeg-devel] [INFO]AMD D3D11 to OpenCL interop extension for NV12 and P010 textures - split planes

Kirill Gavrilov gavr.mail at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 11:45:45 EEST 2018

> Probably the extension is still not enumerated in device/platform
> extensions list
> Any way it can be used now.
>
> Thanks,
> Alexander

Since it was a private extension it is not visible as device extension but
> if one asks for the function pointer it is there. The implementation was
> done 3-4 years ago, I can dig the driver eversion if needed.
> I will check with developer if he plans to expose it in device extension
> list.
> Mikhail

No, you cannot query extension which is not present in enumeration:

A non-NULL return value for *clGetExtensionFunctionAddressForPlatform* does
> not guarantee that an extension function is actually supported by the
> platform
> The behavior of calling a device extension function on a device not
> supporting that extension is undefined.

So, I suppose that as in case of OpenGL world, trying to use function from
extension not listed in extensions might lead to application crash (at
least on Linux).

Regards,
Kirill