[FFmpeg-devel] Event-driven I/O

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sun Mar 18 23:42:05 EET 2018

Hi,

I’m looking at struct AVIOContext and avio_alloc_context(), and wondering if there’s an alternate mode of I/O where reading a stream (for instance) is event-driven by data arriving on a network socket.

This is in a trivial sequential case with no seeking or pausing.

I’m using libevent2 and all events (timeouts, sockets posting data ready for reading, button-presses, etc) are dispatched as events from that main loop.

Receiving data and decoding it also needs to be handled from this main loop.

Are there any examples to go by?

Thanks,

-Philip