[FFmpeg-devel] [DECISION] Include more developers in the voting committee [#4]

Marton Balint cus at passwd.hu
Sun Apr 14 02:55:42 EEST 2019

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019, James Almer wrote:

> On 4/13/2019 7:47 PM, Marton Balint wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 6 Apr 2019, Balint Marton wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> Here is a call for the people in the voting committee [1] on the
>>> decision of extending it.
>>>
>> [...]
>>>
>>> Some of these developers are already in the voting committee, the new
>>> ones would be:
>>>
>>> Aman Gupta
>>> Gyan Doshi
>>> Jan Ekström
>>> Jun Zhao
>>> Karthick Jeyapal
>>> Mark Thompson
>>> Martin Vignali
>>> Peter Ross
>>> Steven Liu
>>> Timo Rothenpieler
>>> Zhong Li
>>>
>>> Question: Do you support extending the voting committte with the
>>> people above?
>>>
>>> I suggest a deadline for making a decision on these 11 people of 7 days
>>> starting now.
>>
>> Thanks for everyone who voted, I counted 5 votes supporting this, 0
>> against.
>>
>> So from now on, the voting committe consists of these people:
>>
>> Aman Gupta
>> Andreas Cadhalpun
>
> Andreas hasn't been around for a long time.
>
>> Carl Eugen Hoyos
>> Christophe Gisquet
>> Clément Bœsch
>> Ganesh Ajjanagadde
>
> Same with Ganesh.
>
>> Gyan Doshi
>> Hendrik Leppkes
>> James Almer
>> Jan Ekström
>> Jun Zhao
>> Karthick Jeyapal
>> Lou Logan
>> Lukasz Marek
>> Mark Thompson
>> Martin Vignali
>
> Martin recently called it quits, removing himself from Maintainers,
> after the recent NDI debacle.
>
>> Marton Balint
>> Michael Niedermayer
>> Nicolas George
>> Paul B Mahol
>> Peter Ross
>> Philip Langdale
>> Reimar Döffinger
>> Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet
>> Rodger Combs
>> Ronald S. Bultje
>> Rostislav Pehlivanov
>> Stefano Sabatini
>> Steven Liu
>> Timo Rothenpieler
>> Timothy Gu
>> wm4
>
> And I'm fairly sure wm4 did as well.
>
>> Zhong Li
>>
>> Regards,
>> Marton
>
> This list is getting long and starting to have people no longer
> participating or contributing to the project. It might be worth looking
> into culling it in some form.

Sure, although it is not a big issue if inactive people are on the list,
votes are generally simple majority votes, and active people are voting
anyways.

> And IMO, commit count shouldn't be the only thing that counts when
> ML/IRC presence, contributed work, review activity, etc, are also important.
> Plenty of people in this list haven't committed much in a while, but
> still review and participate on both the ml and IRC.

Commit count is only a guideline. A vote puts people in the committee, in
theory anybody can propose anyone. If you feel someone is left out, please
start another vote.

Thanks,
Marton