[FFmpeg-devel] [DECISION] Project policy on closed source components

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Mon Apr 29 00:29:03 EEST 2019

On Sun, 28 Apr 2019, at 22:44, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > 2) Should patches using closed source libraries which are not
> > considered "System Libraries" according to the GPL be rejected?
>
> Do I understand correctly that this question is equivalent to
> requesting the removal of the decklink wrapper?

No, it is not.
Decklink is a set of BSD headers that are useful to access the driver, like nVidia.
This would be considered "major components".

As it is a curious case (BSD headers in a .zip that has a EULA), I would suggest a vote only on this part.

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf -  President
+33 672 704 734