[FFmpeg-devel] FW: Requirements for compiling with CUDA_SDK option enabled

Philip Langdale philipl at overt.org
Tue Feb 19 19:16:29 EET 2019

On 2019-02-18 20:08, Soft Works wrote:

> Thanks again for your kind reply. Although I’m not a lawyer myself, I
> know
> that if you’re the sole(!) author of the yadif_cuda kernel source, then
> you
> would be  allowed to publish that code under any additional license you
> want.
>
> But that would be your very own decision, I wouldn’t dare to ask you
> about
> doing so. ;-)

It is true that I'm the only person who's written lines of code into
that file,
and I did not read the original yadif code when implementing the
algorithm (rather
I used a more comprehensible description from the doom9 forum), so yes,
I guess
that's possible. I don't have any particular objection to doing so. I
can suggest
a patch and see if other people agree it's possible.

> Another way might be local compilation via NVRTC or NVCC, but this
> would
> require the CUDA SDK to be installed. I guess you’ve already thought
> about
> that..?

This is certainly possible, but requiring the end user to have the SDK
installed
will be make effective usage difficult.

--phil