[FFmpeg-devel] FW: Requirements for compiling with CUDA_SDK option enabled

Soft Works softworkz at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 19 21:25:14 EET 2019

> > From your explanations, the situation doesn't seem to be as
> > bad as it could be. When the CPU code of the filters can be
> > changed to dynamic linking
>
> The type of the linking of course cannot change the license.

Maybe I should have said 'dynamic loading' rather than 'dynamic
linking'.
However this may be called correctly, this is just about doing
the same for the cuda filters like what ffmpeg is currently
doing for the NVENC and NVDEC codecs to interface with Nvidia
libraries (which are part of the driver and would - from my
understanding - fall into the category of 'system components'
and as such exempted from the GPL).

-- softworkz