[FFmpeg-devel] patch for a new H.264 codec

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Tue Feb 26 16:31:40 EET 2019

Yufei He (12019-02-26):
> My codec is a hardware codec, it depends an dynamic library that goes
> with the M264 card.
>
> The way it works will be:
>
> 1>Our customers buy the card and install the drivers of it.
>
> 2>They Compile ffmpeg.
>
> 3>Call ffmpeg with codec option of m264.
>
> That's why I use dlopen to load the dynamic library that talks with the
> hardware.

That is not how FFmpeg does things; FFmpeg uses standard linking, unless
there is a very very good reason not to.

> Please help us check if it works in ffmpeg.

If you want to contribute, you need to learn how to interact with this
project. Read the documentation, read the development policy, look how
people who actually contribute act on the mailing list, etc. For
example, look up the thing about top-posting.

Unless you do that, you will not be able to contribute. And it will be
the last time you hear from me.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George