[FFmpeg-devel] [DECISION] colorhold filter

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Sun May 5 21:17:29 EEST 2019

Marton Balint (12019-05-05):
> I don't think you can insist on waiting for a review unless you plan to do
> it yourself in a reasonable time frame.

Do you really think I have a duty to help Paul after all the insults he
have subjected me? Really?

I am not the only developer here. Paul could, for example, politely ask
somebody, for example Timo who authored the rest of the file, to have a
look.

Note: I am pushing Timo on the line here, but if anybody asks me to
review a patch they think I might be competent to review, I will gladly
do it. Anybody except Paul, who has repeatedly insulted me.

Do you consider this unreasonable?

> Yes, this can degrade code quality, but I guess there is a general
> assumption that people who get commit rights won't mess up too badly, and
> the gains of more/better features are considered greater than the risks of
> unreviewed code getting in.

In the first thread, I noted that there was an obvious flaw in the
patch. It was not the first time. It is not an isolated incident: the
code quality has significantly degraded over the last few years: less
future planning, increasing complexity. That happens because lack of
review, amongst other things.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George