[FFmpeg-devel] [DECISION] Project policy on closed source components

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon May 13 23:23:18 EEST 2019

Am Mo., 13. Mai 2019 um 22:18 Uhr schrieb James Almer <jamrial at gmail.com>:

> On 5/13/2019 5:13 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> >> Thanks for the votes, I counted 9 yes, 5 no, so majority is for removal of
> >> libNDI, which is already done.
> >
> > The vote was not about the removal from libndi from release branches?
>
> No, features on releases are frozen, as changing them can result in
> breakages for distros and package managers.

We have broken distros and packages before, we would not break it
in this case;-)

> We have removed tons of
> libraries before and it's always limited to git master.

None of them had to be removed because the authors chose to
violate our copyright (and refused to fix the copyright violation)
so we decided to stop endorsing them.

> The vote was to make the removal official

Sorry, but I find this interpretation extremely difficult from the quote above,

Carl Eugen