[FFmpeg-devel] Hardware acceleration decoding question

Asaf Kave kaveasaf at gmail.com
Thu May 23 11:06:53 EEST 2019

Hello all,
I am using FFmpeg libarary in my software to do HW decoding for video
(H.264\H.265) on windows machine.
My decoding is based on 'hw_decode.c' example, and after i call decode a
frame i am using  AVFrame::data[3] to get the pointer to
the IDirect3DSurface9 and use it in my video player.

i didn't find any direction\example how to handle this pointer after i done
with it, do i need to release it? or the library is responsible for that ?

Thanks,
Asaf